สับสนอยู่ค่ะ lie down กับ lay down ค่ะ
ควรใช้ lay down ใช่มั๊ยค่ะ
ขอบคุณค่ะ
ขอบคุณมากๆค่ะ คุณMommy Dearest
กระจ่างเลยค่ะ สามีก็บอก lay down นะคะเราก็ไม่แน่ใจค่ะ
ต้องขอโทษด้วยค่ะเข้ามาช้า เน็ตที่ทำงานตัดก่อนค่ะ
Lie down to rest or lay down to rest?

EXPLANATION:
Basic Rule: These verbs are often misused. By using the following rule, the misuse will be minimized.

Infinitive Present Tense Present Participle Past Tense Part Participle
To Lay Lay Laying Laid Have/Has Laid
To Lie Lie Lying Lay Have/Has Lain

The verb "to lay" must ALWAYS have a direct object (a noun that receives the action of the verb)
EXAMPLE: I lay the papers on the desk. Papers is the direct object of the verb LAY. Any time a form of the verb LAY is used, it must have a direct object.

The verb "to lie" NEVER has a direct object.
EXAMPLE: I always lie down after work for twenty minutes. OR The papers are lying on the desk. (On the desk is a prepositional phrase and not a direct object)

By following this simple rule, you will never misuse these verbs again!

EXAMPLE:
Incorrect: Mom often lays down to rest after work.
Correct: Mom often lies down to rest after work.

จาก ตัวอย่างนี้เข้าใจ ว่าน่าจะเป็น lie down นะคะ และเคยอ่านกระทู้นึง ก็ว่าเป็น lie down จะใช้ lay down กรณี อุ้มลูกมาวางลง
lie down - นอนลง
lay down - วางลง
ขอเอามาแปะเพิ่มอีกคน ค่ะ พอดีไปอ่านเพิ่มก็เลยได้มา ..

The Proper Use of "Lay" and Lie"

by Tina Blue
January 25, 2001

This article is in response to a reader's request to clear up the confusion over the words lie and lay.

The main difference between the two words is that lay is a transitive verb, while lie is an intransitive verb.

Oh, stop it. Get back here and sit down--it's not that hard.

A transitive verb is one that takes a direct object. In other words, there is something that the action of the verb is being done to:

~Please lay the book on the table.

The reason a verb that can take a direct object is called transitive is that the action of the verb moves--it reaches across (trans) from the actor to the thing acted on. It is transferred action.

The verb lie is an intransitive verb, so it cannot take a direct object--you cannot "lie" something or "lie" something down.

The only reason these verbs present a problem for anyone is that the past tense of the verb "lie" is identical in appearance to the present tense of the verb "lay." Every verb has three principal parts. Those are the forms of the verb for the infinitive, the simple past tense, and the past participle. You can find the principal parts of a verb in any decent dictionary. Here are the principal parts for the two verbs lie and lay:

Verb Infinitive Past Tense Past Participle
lie: lie lay lain
lay: lay laid laid

Obviously there will be some confusion when it is correct to say, "I lay in bed all day," to describe what you did yesterday or last week, but incorrect to say, "I will lay here until the headache goes away, " or "Why don't you lay here a while?

Other things can also create problems with these two verbs.

One English professor that I used to go out with drove me nuts with his habit of waiting for other people to make grammatical errors so he could pounce on them to prove his own superiority. (No, I don't see him anymore. He was too annoying.) He was so eager to find errors that he found ones that weren't even there. He was especially eager to catch me making a mistake, since I am supposed to be such an expert on grammar and usage.

One day I was describing an unaccustomed headache that had prevented me from getting any work done the previous day. "It was so bad," I said, "that I lay down at ten in the morning and didn't get up again until four in the afternoon."

And the crowing began. "Aha!" he exclaimed. "I've caught you in the worst sort of error! You said you laid down!"

In my always considerate way I responded, "Jack, you insufferable pedant, pronounce 'lay' and 'down' together and see what it sounds like!"

From that point on, whenever I had to say those two words together in his presence, I would pointedly say, "I lay
one, two, three down. . . ."

So here's the drill:

~You need to lie down today, yesterday you lay down, in the past you have lain down.

~Today, you lay the book on the table. Yesterday, you
laid the book on the table. In the past, you have laid the book on the table.

I hope I have laid this all out clearly enough to allow the proper uses of these two words to lie in the back of your mind, where they will be available to you when you need them.

ขอบคุณ คุณนฤมล เม่ย คุณคิงส์

งงจริงๆค่ะกับคำนี้ ค่อยๆทำความเข้าใจกันไป เพราะ กรุงโรมไม่ได้สร้างเสร็จในวันเดียว ใช่มั้ยค่ะคุณคิงส์ (ขอยืมๆ + แซว อิอิ)
คุณอ๊อบๆ ขอภาพแบบนี้บ้างฮะ โหลดอย่างงัย ภาพแต่ละภาพแทนคำพูดได้
Verb to 'lie' and 'lay'

คงมีใครหลายๆคนยังสับสนกับ verb สองตัวนี้อยู่บ้าง แต่ถ้าทำความเข้าใจกับมันแล้ว รับรองว่าจะต้องร้อง อ๋อ! แล้วก็ไม่มีวันงงอีกเลย เราลองมาดูกันนะ
เริ่มต้นที่ verb to lie ก่อนก็แล้วกัน

1) lie - นอน กริยาสามช่องของมันคือ lie lay lain (ลาย || เล || เลน )

ตัวอย่าง The cat just loves to lie in front of the fire. แมวตัวนั้นชอบนอนหน้ากองไฟ (lie เป็นกริยาช่องที่ 1present tense)
She lay back in the dentist's chair and tried to relax. เธอนอนลงบนเก้าอี้หมอฟันและพยายามจะพักผ่อน( lay เป็นกริยาช่องที่ 2 past tense )
He has just lain down before you come in. เขาเพิ่งนอนลงก่อนคุณเข้ามา

ลองดูประโยคอื่นๆที่เหลือแล้วทำความเข้าใจดู

Lie still a moment, John. นอนนิ่งๆสักครู่นะ จอห์น
He lay down on the bed and cried. เขานอนลงบนเตียงและร้องไห้
I usually lie down (=rest/sleep) for an hour after lunch. ฉันมักจะนอนพักผ่อนสักชั่วโมงหลังอาหาร
Snow lay thickly over the fields. หิมะก่อตัวหนาปกคลุมท้องทุ่ง (lay thickly หิมะค่อยๆวางตัวลงไปจนหนา )

2) lie - พูดโกหก ปด กริยาสามช่องก็คือ lie lied lied (ลาย || ลิททึ )

ตัวอย่าง
Both witnesses lied to the police about what happened in the accident. พยานทั้งสองโกหกต่อเจ้าหน้าที่ตำรวจเกี่ยวกับเรื่องอุบัติเหตุ
Don't trust her - she's lying. อย่าเชื่อเธอ เธอกำลังโกหก
I used to lie about my age,but nowadays I don’t bother. ฉันเคยโกหกในเรื่องอายุ แต่เดี๋ยวนี้ ฉันไม่ทำแล้ว

พอเข้าใจกันบ้างมั้ย ทีนี้เราลองมาดู verb to lay กันบ้าง ปวดหัวน้อยกว่าเมื่อกี้หน่อย
lay - วาง กริยาสามช่องได้แก่ lay laid laid (เล || เลยดึ)

ตัวอย่าง

She laid the baby (down) in its cot. เธอวางเด็กน้อยลงบนเปล
I'll lay your coats on the bed upstairs. ฉันจะวางเสื้อคลุมของคุณไว้บนเตียงข้างบนนะ
Perhaps we should lay paper over the floor while we're decorating the room.เราน่าจะปูกระดาษลงบนพื้นขณะที่เรากำลังแต่งห้อง
She laid aside her book and went to answer the phone. เธอวางหนังสือไว้ข้างๆและไปรับโทรศัพท์ (lay aside ความหมายเดียวกับ put aside วางไว้สักครู่)
ใครขยันก็จำตารางนี้เอาไว้ใช้งานนะครับ

Verb || Infinitive || Past || Tense || Past Participle

lie || lie || lay || lain || นอน

lie || lie || lied || lied ||โกหก

lay || lay || laid || laid || วาง

คุณอรนัย เข้าใจแซวหน่ะครับ การเรียนรู้ไม่มีวันสิ้นสุดครับ ค่อย ๆ เรียนรู้กันไป (^.^)
ขอบคุณมากๆค่ะ คุณนฤมล คุณbabyashi คุณอรนัยและคุณBless's Dad
Verb || Infinitive || Past || Tense || Past Participle

lie || lie || lay || lain || นอน

lie || lie || lied || lied ||โกหก

lay || lay || laid || laid || วาง
ได้ความรู้เพิ่มขึ้นด้วย ขอบคุณมากๆ ค่ะ
จะพยายามค่ะสู้ค่ะเพื่อลูก........เฮ้ยยยย
แก้ไขตารางนิ้สสสสนึง จะได้ดูง่ายขึ้นครับ พอดีกระทู้ไม่สามารถแสดงให้อยู่ในรูปแบบตารางได้

Verb || Infinitive || Past Tense || Past Participle

lie || lie || lay || lain นอน

lie || lie || lied || lied โกหก

lay || lay ||laid || laid วาง
วันนี้เข้าใจกระจ่างเลย ขอบคุณทุกคนค่ะ ข้อมูลแน่นมาก

RSS

--oO--

สแกนโค้ด แอดไลน์ @2pasa แล้วลุ้นของรางวัลรวมคลิปเวิร์กช็อปทั้งหมด

Events

หนังสือในชุดเด็กสองภาษา

© 2024   Created by ผู้ใหญ่บิ๊ก.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service