2. รถทุกคันต้องติดทะเบียนรถยนต์
3. หนูดูซิ รถคันนั้นมีเลขอะไรบ้าง

ขอบคุณนะคะ

Views: 516

Replies to This Discussion

ขอบคุณนะคะ
เอามาฝากให้งงกันเล่นๆ อิอิ

Is it license or licence?
There is always the difficulty of recognising American English spellings and British English spellings with words like these.

Whether we like it or not, much of our language is now heavily influenced by American English spellings. We use both forms in British English – one is a verb (doing word) and the other a noun (thing).

License
This is the verb ‘to license’.

Examples:
I license this pub.
You are licensed to run this pub.
The officer licenses the taxis here.

Licence
This is the noun ‘a licence’.

Examples:
I have a driving licence.
She wants to buy a licence for her car.
See also: Is it practise or practice?

Certain sets of words follow group rules of English grammar. Many rules of grammar are quite mathematical, with groups of words falling into building-blocks which all act the same way.

For example, the spelling rules are the same for ‘practice’, ‘licence’ and ‘advice’: the noun has a ‘c’, while the verb has an ‘s’.

One way of remembering this is that the word ‘noun’ comes before the word ‘verb’ in the dictionary; likewise ‘c’ comes before ‘s’, so the nouns are ‘practice/licence/advice’ and the verbs are ‘practise/license/advise’.

In fact, the confusion arises with ‘practice’ and ‘licence’ mainly because they sound the same with the ‘c’ or the ‘s’. However, with ‘advice’ and ‘advise’, there is a shift in sound, so there is no confusion at all. We can use this to our advantage: another way of knowing which to use is to replace the ‘practice’ or ‘licence’ word you want with ‘advice’ or ‘advise’ – this will tell you whether you need the ‘c’ or the ‘s’ spelling.

So, in the following phrase, let’s say you are unsure which to write:

I do not like this ‘practise/practice’.
Replace the word you want with ‘advice’ or ‘advise’.

I do not like this ‘advice’.
So – you will need:

I do not like this ‘practice’.
งง กัน หญ่ายยยยย

เขียนได้ทั้งสองแบบ และขอบคุณแพ็ท สำหรับข้อมูลปึ้กๆๆๆๆๆ นะจ้ะ
กะลังเรียนเหมือนกันค่ะ เลยหาใหญ่เลย แล้วก็งงเอง
ป้อใช้ registration plate ค่ะ
หาข้อมูลจาก wikipedia มาฝากด้วยค่ะ
A vehicle registration plate is a metal or plastic plate attached to a motor vehicle or trailer for official identification purposes. The registration identifier is a numeric or alphanumeric code that uniquely identifies the vehicle within the issuing region's database. In some countries, the identifier is unique within the entire country, while in others it is unique within a state or province. Whether the identifier is associated with a vehicle or a person also varies by issuing agency. Depending on the country, the vehicle registration plate may be called a registration plate (UK), license plate (US), number plate, or tag.

RSS

--oO--

สแกนโค้ด แอดไลน์ @2pasa แล้วลุ้นของรางวัลรวมคลิปเวิร์กช็อปทั้งหมด

Events

หนังสือในชุดเด็กสองภาษา

© 2024   Created by ผู้ใหญ่บิ๊ก.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service