เช้าอากาศดีแบบนี้ ลองมาทำแบบทดสอบ ความรู้เรื่อง Idiom กันดีกว่าค่ะ
1. When Richard said something about his brother's surprise birthday party, he "let the cat out of the bag."
Richard gave his brother a cat for his birthday.
Richard revealed a secret.
Richard's brother is celebrating his birthday.
2. Mr. Evans was "in the doghouse" with his wife because he spent all day Sunday watching football instead of helping her clean the house.
Mr. Evans enjoys watching football.
Mr. Evans is going to build a doghouse for his dog.
Mrs. Evans is angry with her husband.
3. When George asked Karen how she knew that William was getting married, she said that she "heard it straight from the horse's mouth."
William told Karen that he was getting married.
Karen and William are getting married.
George told Karen that he was getting married.
4. When I clean my house today, I can also rearrange the furniture. That way, I can "kill two birds with one stone."
I have a lot of time to clean the house.
I can do two things at the same time.
I can rearrange the furniture after I clean the house.
5. David moved to the countryside because living in the city had become such a "rat race."
David moved to the countryside because there were too many rats in the city.
David was stressed out by the hectic pace of life in the city.
David thought that the city was too dangerous.
6. Even though Mrs. Jensen is no "spring chicken," she still enjoys swimming and running every day.
Mrs. Jensen is not young, but she enjoys exercising.
Mrs. Jensen doesn't eat chicken.
Mrs. Jensen is training for a marathon race.
1. Richard revealed a secret.
2.Mrs. Evans is angry with her husband.
3.William told Karen that he was getting married.
4. I can do two things at the same time.
5. David was stressed out by the hectic pace of life in the city.
6. Mrs. Jensen is not young, but she enjoys exercising.
ข้อมูลจาก ESL CAFE ค่ะ